Homemade Strawberry Beauty Mask
Face masks are a great way to feed your skin healthy antioxidants. After a long day, nothing is better than kicking up my feet and pampering myself with a delicious mask.
Strawberries make the perfect snack alone or in salads, but they are also a great ingredient to use in face masks, since they're packed with vitamin C. They are also rich in alpha-hydroxy acids which help exfoliate the skin. So fresh strawberry masks are great for people with dull, damaged or acne-prone skin.
Before trying any homemade mask on your face, you should spot test it on your neck or hand to see if your skin reacts. If you're clear, wash your face with your favorite cleanser before applying the mask mix on your face.
How To Make Your Own Mask:
* 5 Fresh strawberries
* 1/2 Tablespoon of non-flavored yogurt or heavy cream
* 2 Teaspoon of honey
In a bowl, mash the strawberries with a fork until smooth. Add the honey and yogurt (for oily complexions) or cream (for dry skin) and mix until the ingredients are well-incorporated. Using clean hands or a sanitized brush, gently apply the mixture all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Lie down and leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it away with warm water, pat your face dry and follow up with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
- You can use strawberries for getting rid of puffy eyes. Slice down strawberries and keep two of the slices on your eyes and relax for 10 minutes.
- Strawberries can also be used as effective tooth whiteners too. Just crush down a few strawberries into a fine pulp and gently massage your teeth.
- You can use strawberries for de-tanning too. Strawberries help in lightening pigmentation marks also. For both these purposes just mix lemon juice to strawberries and apply for 15 minutes. Wash off.
- If you want to get glowing skin, you can mix strawberries with cocoa powder and honey. Apply for 15 minutes and then wash.
Powered by Mad Mimi